Vision: we aim to create a safe, happy and respectful learning environment where every child is encouraged to aspire to reach their potential.
Our character development is based on five principles:
- Instilling values. We want to embed the school values of trust, love, cooperation, diversity, resilience and responsibility as that will help to strengthen our children’s character.
- A challenging academic environment helps children to develop character. Therefore, at Downsview, we are going to do our best for children to take responsibility for their own learning and try their hardest to achieve their best.
- To grow morally and develop life skills to be successful citizens. We have well-planned opportunities in school to promote the children’s moral development and develop their life skills.
- Parents and the community play an essential part in character development. We will continue to make best efforts and find every opportunity to foster good relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Self-reflection – To be reflective is very important with character development and therefore we want to teach the children to be reflective and at the same time, as staff, we regularly reflect on our own practice in order to give the children the best possible opportunities.