Extended School Day (After School Club)
Role: Support Assistant
Working Hours: 2.45pm - 6.00pm or 3.00pm – 6.15pm
Hours per Week: 16.25 hours per week, term time only, including Inset days
Salary: Grade 2 (spine point 3-4) (full time £20,835-£21,210) pro rata
Contract Type: Temporary - Starting 2nd December 2019 until 17th July 2020
Closing Date: 21st November 2019 12 noon
Interviews: To be confirmed
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring, innovative and friendly Support Assistant to work with our Extended Schools Team.
The Support Assistant must be knowledgeable in all aspects of school club operation and have experience in working with children aged 4-11 years.
The role will involve:
- Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of the children
- Supervising and supporting the children in play and work activities, including the use of ICT skills in various media platforms
- Assisting in the preparation of a simple range of hot and cold food snacks, if required.
- Promoting healthy choices and active outdoor learning.
- Ensuring that the areas of the school used are left fit for purpose at the end of each session.
- Playwork or Childcare Level 2 or above.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training in first aid, food handling and safeguarding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children
- Experience of working with children aged 4 – 11 years in a play based setting
- Awareness of national standards in childcare and the Early Years Foundation Stage is important but not essential
- Show creativity in planning a variety of activities
- Experience preferred, but not necessary. This may include Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma/NVQ in Playwork or childcare.
- Certificate in Safeguarding
- Certificate in Food handling
- Paediatric or First Aid at Work Certificate or willingness to train
- Use of technology, covering all media platforms
We would welcome any prospective candidates to visit our school. Please call the school office who will be happy to arrange a convenient time for you to visit. For more information and to obtain and Application Pack, please contact Denise Taylor on 020 8764 4611 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We are an equal opportunities employer. Downsview is GDPR compliant and is registered with the ICO.