Downsview School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality of opportunity. Reference for short listed candidates will be sought prior to interview and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS will be completed on the successful applicant.
Photographic identification and certificates of all relevant qualifications will need to be provided at interview stage.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the expected provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) the school is responsible for holding and protecting personal data. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority and the DfE. For further information on who we share data with, please see our Privacy Notices which you can find by following the link https://www.downsview.croydon.sch.uk/policies/
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: 1st January 2021
We are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and highly motivated classroom teacher, who shares our vision of providing the best possible education for all of the children within our school so that they become independent and effective lifelong learners. Downsview is a Rights Respecting School and this is embedded in our ethos.
- An inspirational teacher with a proven track record of good or better teaching?
- A good communicator?
- Self-motivated and well organised?
- Committed to working in partnership with children and their parents to ensure the best possible outcomes for each individual child?
- Be open to change and development, both as an individual and as part of our school?
We can offer you:
- “Pupils who have a good attitude to learning. They are hardworking and proud of their achievements.” Ofsted 2015.
- Friendly and dedicated staff team.
- A vibrant and diverse school community.
- A well-resourced school with a growth mind set ethos.
- Excellent ICT facilities.
- High quality professional development and accelerated promotion opportunities.
- Free on-site car parking.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced teachers and NQTs who would like to join our existing team. We are looking for a candidate who is well organised and able to demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning.
Applications will be considered as they are received, and your early response is encouraged. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit our school virtually by following the link:
Closing date: Wednesday 4th November 2020
Interviews: 10th November 2020 via Zoom
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post requires an enhanced DBS check. Downsview is GDPR compliant and is registered with the ICO.