Uniform and PE Kit
Uniform develops a sense of community and belonging. We encourage children to be proud and take pride in their appearance by wearing our uniform. All children at Downsview, including the Nursery, are expected to wear school uniform and the appropriate kit for PE. We ask that all uniform is clearly named. Unmarked or lost items are placed in the Lost Property Cupboard.
The standard dress is based on the colours burgundy and grey and comprises of the following items:
- Burgundy sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Grey trousers, shorts or skirt/pinafore. Shirts and trousers must be of uniform style.
- Summer dress in pink and white or red and white gingham
- White polo shirt or white shirt
- Grey/white or black socks
- Plain black shoes with flat heels. They should be suitable for school wear for safety reasons
- Hijab - black or burgundy
Games and PE (including swimming when appropriate) are compulsory subjects and children are required to wear the correct kit, comprising: Every pupil at Downsview belongs to one of the following school houses: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green.
- Red, Blue, Yellow or Red House T-shirt
- Black shorts
- Burgundy jogging top/bottoms
Children in the Nursery can wear jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt instead of full uniform and do not need to get changed for PE.
Make up, nail varnish and dyed hair or hair shaved into patterns is not permitted.
Children are not permitted to wear jewellery to school. If ears are pierced, one small plain stud may be worn.
The nearest local supplier of uniform is:
Bubblegum Children's and School Wear
113 High Street
Telephone: 020 8683 2773
House colour t-shirts can only be ordered from the School Office.