Speech and Language
Speech and Language Coffee Morning
We had our first SEN coffee morning this year with Sarah from Love to Communicate. Love to Communicate are an independent speech and language service.
Sarah led an informal session with coffee and treats that was open to all Parents and Carers, where she presented an 'Introduction to Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)' which gave an overview of what SLCN is / typical development / neurodiversity and ideas and ways to support your child's SLCN at home.
What to do if you are concerned
- Speak to your child's class teacher to gain their views
- Discuss any further concerns with the SENDCO (Ms. Hearne-Reed)
- Speak to your GP who can support referral to relevant professionals & services
- Self-referrals can be made via this email address:
- ASLTIP - a list of independent speech & language therapist (can search by location)